Read to Ride
Would you like to win a mountain bike?
If you are between the ages of 6 and 14 (by July 30, 2016) and a resident of
Baraga, Gogebic, Houghton, Keweenaw or Ontonagon County:
- Beginning May 16, 2016
- Read a book or several books!
- Fill out a Read to Ride entry form.
- Turn in your completed entry form(s) by August 3, 2016 at one of the places listed on the form.
- For each book you read, you have one chance to win. (20 books = 20 chances)
- A drawing will be held on August 11, 2016.
- Forms will be available at school offices, public libraries, the Copper Country ISD, the Gogebic-Ontonagon ISD, by calling 482-4520, 800-562-7613, or on the Web at www.upkids.com.
The Herman “Winks” Gundlach Read to Ride program is an annual summer event for children ages 6-14 throughout the Western Upper Peninsula five county area. The program encourages youth to read during the summer and awards twenty readers with a new quality mountain bike and helmet! For each book read the reader gets one chance in the drawing to win (20 books = 20 chances)!
UP KIDS is joined by several partners including: REMC#1 / Copper Country & Gogebic-Ontonagon Intermediate School Districts providing posters, registration and outreach to schools and libraries; the Daily Mining Gazette spreading the word through generous and numerous ads; the Houghton and Ironwood-Hurley Rotary Clubs chipping in significant funds and many other organizations and individuals donating funds for the twenty bikes and helmets given away each year. Four regional bike shops (Cross Country Sports, Down Wind Sports, Hancock Bike Shop, The Hobby Wheel) also support the program by providing quality bikes and helmets at or slightly above costs.
|Read to Ride: How to Enter History Results|
Regional Education Media Center (REMC #1)